Mar 17, 2009

Turning 29


I am officially 'Practically 30'. This year was my first birthday as a married woman and as a Californian! Chad made it so much fun and such a wonderful weekend extravaganza. Friday Night we went down to Solona Beach to see the Mother Hips play at the Belly Up. I love the Mother Hips and the Belly Up is one of my favorite venues to see them! It was especially fun because Kgordee came down from Utah to the show, as well as SD folks Court and Terrie (and her Fiance). So it was really sweet to have some good rock n roll and good friends to ring in my B-day.


After the show we went to San Clemente State Beach to camp for the night. This is one of my favorite places to camp and it is on the top of a cliff right on the beach! The weather was perfect and we got a chance to use our new (craigslist) camping equipment! Chad was the fire starter and built me a birthday fire at 2 am so we could snuggle by the fire and eat smores (Chad said he has NEVER made smores before) so we made the best smores ever!




Saturday morning we slept in and packed up and headed for Disneyland (because its free on your b-day!) We used the money we saved on my daily admission to put towards getting Disney season passes for Myself and Chad! For So-cal residents the year pass is payed off on the second visit to disneyland. The only downside is there are some black out dates (every saturday, holidays, and most of the summer). HOWEVER, those are the times that we DO NOT want to go to disneyland. So we are happy to get passes so when family and friends come visit we can go to Disney with them!



We went on a treasure hunt of sorts, to get smashed pennies at C.A. and Disney, to replace those that Aubrey lost when she was recently down here. We had fun time collecting them! Also Mike and Becky and Fam sent me a Disney gift card which I used to get a couple Disney pins. THANKS GUYS!




The park was VERY crowded so we just had a very low key disney day, we went to Cal Adventure first and rode on Soarin' and then went to an animation class! Then we headed back to the park for a few rides including pirates, haunted mansion, thunder mt. railroad and the new and improved Small world. We also hit up Chad's favorite, The Tiki Room, where we watched the show, sat in the shade and sipped on a delicious Pineapple whip/float!




In the evening we went to the Blue Bayou restaurant, the one that is on the water at the beginning of the Pirates ride. Chad and I have always wanted to go there so we figured what better reason than my birthday? It was so beautiful. The service and ambience was amazing. The food was pretty underwhemling and overpriced. But they did give me a cute little birthday chocolate mousse with mickey sprinkles. It was good to do once in my life and it was so sweet of Chad to take me there.





After dinner we went on more rides and watched the fireworks display and ate a farewell churro. It was an amazingly long and action packed B-day. Sunday we were able to relax and nap and then have an amazing b-day dinner at my mother-in-laws house. Overall, turning 29 wasn't so Bad! THANK YOU to everyone for all the phone calls, texts, and kind works and gifts for my birthday! I love you all! -Em






To see more pics of my B-day weekend check them out! HERE

9 comments:

Rob said...

em- Happy Belated Birthday. Welcome to the 29ers club. Your birthday sounds like so much fun. I am so jealous that you live close enough to Disneyland to go there whenever you like. Steph and I went to Disneyland on our honeymoon and totally loved it. We also did the Blue Bayou for the first time in our life and it was excellent.

We need to come visit. Or you need to come visit, whichever comes first.

Dorothy said...

Happy birthday, girl!! Looks like a lot of fun.

The Tiki Room is one of my favorites, too. I'm so glad it's still around...it's one of the few originals left.

29. Great year.

kel bel said...

I can't believe you are practically 30! Happy belated b-day. Looks like you had lots of fun birthday celebrating. We'll be in LA at the beginning of April. It would be great to see you if possible. let's kit.

IronLawGirl said...

Sounds like the best birthday ever! Hope the rest of the year is just as spectacular! ;)

Michael Gibson Family said...

You guys rock. I showed Aubrey your post and she loved it - especially the tiki shots. I'm glad you had a great bday. Was that a "Yummy Cupcake" I saw you with? I'm jealous.

emily jeanne said...

It was actually the chocolate mousse from the blue bayou cafe, but it looks like yummy cupcake. I was there the other day with and out of town friend! Glad you liked the post! THanks everyone for your comments. Rob- We want to come visit. Dorothy- Come visit. Kelli- Yes lets get together when you are in town!

Unknown said...

Happy #29!! I am 29 too, I think I will cry when I turn 30:(

I love your pictures that you took of the small family. You are a natural at it already. I know what you mean though, because I am definitely not a portrait photographer. I struggle at it. I would much rather take landscape pictures, but sometimes we have to do the things we don't enjoy as much to pay for things we want to do.

nat said...

Happy Birthday, yo!

Sally Jackson said...

HAPPY Birthday Emily! (a little late) And gee whiz--how many times have you see those Mother Hips? I rememeber you guys left our wedding reception in a hurry so you wouldn't miss the Mother Hips! I'm only teasing. Looks like your having fun as a Californian. :)