Mar 25, 2009

Come on down.... or not


The winners for the shirt poll are.... DREWBAMA! Today Carie and I went to the PRICE IS RIGHT! It was a very VERY long process. We got to the studio at 4 am and got our tickets at 6 am #47 and #48. We went back to our car at The Grove parking garage and checked out sweet views of the Hollywood sign and downtown. We watched the sunrise, and took a quick nap and got breakfast at DuPar's! We got in to ABC around 10 am. We then got photos taken, numbered again, signed away our first born child and then started the interview process around 11.  The interviews were very quick, maybe twenty seconds long per person. They asked each person about themselves and where they are from and what they do. We had heard a rumor online that if the producer in the back is taking notes, then you have a good chance of getting on. She was taking notes with both Carie and I, so we got pretty hyped up to get on the show.  While waiting to enter we caught a glimpse of the one and only Bob Barker!     




We made some friends in line. A few fine cougars from Torrance, and a nice guy from Arkansas that had driven cross country only to have his friend get food poisoning from a Vegas $4.99 Steak and Eggs special (who saw that one coming?). At 1 pm we actually entered the studio, which was surreal, it was like stepping into the past and they were blasting disco to get the crowd pumped up. It was fun to just see the studio. It is much smaller than you imagine, tiny even! It is very psychedelic and groovy inside!  I loved all the positive energy, everyone was psyched and the crew were funny and the sets were really fun and almost magical. 
 


We sat right behind the 4 bidders (next to a huge african american guy) with our red Drewbama shirts so we think that we definitely got on camera. Sadly, we didn't get called up. HOWEVER, just when we thought we would the day couldn't get ANY better we found out that BOB BARKER, in the flesh, was going to be making a guest appearance on the show during the showcase showdown, BOB came out and presented the showcases with Drew Carey. As a way to promote his new book 'Priceless Memories'.

No offense to Drew, but... I LOVE Bob! I always have and always will! I have wanted to see him on the price is right in person and now my dream has become a reality. At the end of the show the gave everyone in the audience a copy of his new book of memoirs about his life and the Price is Right.   



The show is going to air on APRIL 16th, so everyone set your TIVOS and VCRS and look out for Carie and I as we bask in our fifteen minutes of fame.  You can also check out news articles about Bob on the show and you may see us in pics or on Entertainment Tonight, Inside addition, Access Hollywood or Entertainment Weekly. Because many of their news people were there to 'cover' the historic show with Bob and Drew together!  


I may have not won a car, or a trip to the french Riveria, but I still feel like a million bucks!

8 comments:

Karen said...

That is so amazing! I am happy you were able to fulfill a dream, but I am just the teensy bit jealous!

Kimmy said...

Soooooooo TOTALLY awesome!!! Love it!

Unknown said...

A.MAZE.ING.
I felt like I was on the Price is Right by just reading your blog post. You rock!

IronLawGirl said...

seriously, you ladies make me happy!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Your shirts are AWESOME! I am glad you got to go! That sounds so fun! I am going to be tuning in on the 16th for sure!! :)

Megan said...

Sounds like you had SO MUCH FUN!!! I loved reading about it, and seeing all the pictures! The shirts turned out awesome too!

Tawnya said...

Holy cow, that sounds so fun! I bet it was awesome sharing that with Carie. :)

Dorothy said...

Awesome!! How fun. Where can I get a shirt like that?!

I'm so jealous you saw BOB!