This weekend I was lucky to have Mike and Becky and Family come visit! Mike was doing a medical training so Becky, the kids, their instructors and I spent Thursday and Friday at Disneyland and California adventure. It was so much fun to be with family. Aubrey has proven to be very brave because she rode on every ride. She even rode in the very front of California screaming with me! Trent was brave by going on Tower of Terror for the first time, only to be outdone by Mitchel (age 4) crying because he wanted to go on TT as well! Afterward Becky asked Mitchell if he wanted to go again and with an ashen face he said he never wanted to go on that again. Hopefully he isn't scarred for life!We went on the Grizzly rapids early in the day but we all had the bright idea of wearing our sweatshirts on the outside so as not to get our normal clothes wet. The first time through was fine, I hardly got wet at all but laughed hardily when Aubrey and Stephanie got drenched, so as luck would have it the second time around I got so soaked that every bit of clothing I was wearing got sopping wet. It actually looked as though I reverse peed my pants because in between my legs was the only dry part! The rest of the day was spent trying to dry out our sweatshirts for the evening, which worked out in the end.
Aubrey was psyched to see a high school musical 3 live performance, we saw it 1.5 times, much to the delight of the rest of the group! I can safely say it is my first and last experience with HSM3. However, it was fun see how she got really into the songs and dancing. She is such an amazing singer! Trent loved the Muppets in 3D, which was actually really cute and funny. If you love the Muppets then you MUST go to this one! My favorite is always soaring over California, it gives me the chills and I just love it!
After the Disney/CA fun Mike and Family made the arduous journey on the 5 freeway to come and visit Chad and I in Burbank. We showed them all around our little town and the different studios here, they got a peek our tiny apartment and then we went to dinner at the famous (and oldest original) Bob's Big Boy.
Later we went to Griffith Observatory which is one of my favorite places to take visitors because it has such beautiful views of the city and night. It was so warm that we didn't really even need a sweatshirt outside at night. Trent, is a science freak so it was neat to see him get excited about all the displays and information inside and we got to look at the moon and Saturn on their big telescopes. We even had time to share some yummy cupcakes while looking out at the city!
It was so awesome to have Family in town, it really made me miss everyone in Utah but it is always such a great thing to have visitors! (Hint, Hint, Nudge, Nudge). Thanks Gibson's for coming to visit. For those of you out there wanting to come visit, please do, I have a comfortable couch and a nice air mattress, and I just got an early B-day present from Chad, A season pass to Disneyland! So everyone, come play with me in the warm 70-80 degree weather.

1 comment:
i wish i could have gone to disneyland and cali adventure with you guys! just wait 'til your birthday is here, it will be disney time and a trip to the blue bayou! i can't wait.. xoxo
Post a Comment