Here is a list of 100 things. The ones that I HAVE done are in blue and the ones I have yet to do are in black. I thought this would be a fun way for those to get to know me better and its fun little thing that is floating around the interweb! enjoy! I hope to see everyone else's post about this soon!
2. Slept under the stars (one of my favorite things)
3. Played in a band (I once was a singer in a Ramones cover band for a week with Carie and Jake)
4. Visited Hawaii (Once when I was 5, once when I was 20, both on the northshore on oahu)
5. Watched a meteor shower (most amazing in Wyoming or at deer creek)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland (Chad just got me a season pass for my b-day)
8. Climbed a mountain (A rice terraced mountain in china)
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped (I want to someday)
12. Visited Paris (So beautiful and fun!)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (crazy windy stairs, that I almost got vertigo)
18. Grown your own vegetables (I am not counting this because I don’t think that growing and killing herbs count)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (don’t kill me but I thought it was a little over rated, but maybe it was the huge crowd around it and only being able to see if for about 20 seconds, and it was much smaller than I imagined)
20. Slept overnight on a train (I took sleeper trains a lot when I lived in China)
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you're not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping (Pioneer day (night) with the gals in deer creek, what could be more pioneering than that!)
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden a gondola in Switzerland
29. Seen a total eclipse (through a box of course)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (Sunrise is a magical time of day, especially because it’s a more rare occasion for me to sunrise.)
31. Hit a home run (I am athletically challenged)
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (Very moist!)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen Amish country
36. Taught yourself a new language (I don’t count my sad broken Italian or Chinese, even if it is enough to haggle or get around).
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (I feel happy but I guess I always worry about money.)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person (I liked the tower but I think I liked the baptistery the best.)
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David (seeing this was a spiritual experience)
41. Sung karaoke (My standby fav is I will survive, or NYNY)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight (in cabo on my honeymoon)
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted (In china, by the self proclaimed Chinese Picasso)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person (Amazing, breath taking, I just wish there wasn’t a guard yelling, NO FOTO, SLIENCIO!)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (Hawaii, Catalina, SD, Costa Rica, Cabo, and hopefully more!)
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater (I love drive ins!)
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China (I am a plucky hero!)
57. Started a business (I guess you could say I started my own photography and retouching business, although I don’t get paid very often)
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason (Chad is awesome!)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (I have type O positive so I used to donate every 52 days)
65. Gone sky diving (I want to do this someday)
66. Visited a Nazi concentration camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London (The royal band played the James Bond and Harry Potter theme songs)
77. Broken a bone (My Shoulder while skiing, and my foot while swing dancing, yet you read that correctly)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (I think I did when I was young but I was prob freaked out so I don’t really have a memory of it.)
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican (Right next door is the best Gelato in the world!)
82. Bought a brand new car (I will never EVER buy brand new, used is the way to go).
83. Walked in Jerusalem (one of my life long dreams is to go here.)
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (As far as I know, I have only been in the newspaper when my wedding was announced, I also made (without a pic) the daily herald POLICE BEAT when my car got broken into.)
85. Read the entire Bible (I have read all of the NT, and BOM)
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (Chinese thanksgiving 2000, I didn’t kill it but I watched and was traumatized by it, so I am counting yes.)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous (Sophie Coppola complemented me on my purse in a bathroom at the Sundance film festival)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one (families are forever!)
94. Had a baby (gimme!)
95. Seen the Alamo in person (Pretty boring)
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake (very sticky, but awesome!)
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone (why is this even a question?)
99. Been stung by a bee (when I was 5 my brothers tricked me into believe my bee sting was really a nauga bite *a nauga is a mythical creature that naugahyde seats are made out of, this is a long story, if you really want the full one, email me!)
100. One cavity or less (I have had 3 which I think is pretty good for being almost 29!)

6 comments:
when didi you hitch hike! do tell:)
Okay- that was pretty cool! Fun stuff to learn about you! So tell me, do you get to make up your own 100 things? Or was this some kind of list? I am guessing you get to make them up- I want to try it! :) p.s. sorry we didn't recognize your cell phone number last night-DUH!! thanks for the birthday wishes!
I actually didn't make this list up, I found it on a blog, and seen it circulating on facebook. Sometimes its fun to think back on stuff you do in life. I hitch hiked mainly up little cottonwood or provo canyon for snowboarding, so its not like it was really scary. Also, most of my hitchhiking was done when I lived in China, just to get around in the middle of the country, people were really friendly and happy to meet an american. So it worked out.
I love your list. A lot of stuff we did together. I almost forgot our ramones cover band. 20 20 24 hours a dayyyyy. Was that the only song?
I remember hitch hiking with Tamara on University Ave. trying to get rides from Provo High to Timpview. Were you ever involved in this naivety?
oh yah, i was wondering if you knew the name of that weird photo/wedding makeover place that we "modeled" for? I have those pictures still and am embarrassed to show them to people.
LOVE your list! You've done so many of them!! Its fun to "see" you again!
Post a Comment