Jan 8, 2010

Positive Media Messages



Being that I live in LA, at times I feel bombarded with Negative media messages telling me that I need to be sexy, thin, cool, etc, etc. I also see many billboards, bus ads, bench ads, and with internet with all the advertisements and movies that are mainly selling things of the world. I have a strong testimony that although there is so much negative media and videos out there.... there is also the good things that come from media. I often watch the short clips and videos on LDS.org and they never fail to inspire me, touch my heart and strengthen my testimony every time I listen to and seek out their messages. I have been feeling a little blue lately, and this video really made me feel so lightened and happy that I really wanted to share it with all of you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A few thoughts:
1) I TOTALLY agree with you about too many negative media messages. Debunking those was actually a HUGE part of the treatment the patients I worked with at the Center for Change (that eating disorder treatment center in Orem) received.
2) The first guy in that lds.org media message (the one with the striped shirt and beard) was TOTALLY in a bunch of my classes at BYU. He was an antrho major, and his name is Chris something or other. Hilarious!
3) I miss you!

Unknown said...

Em, Thanks for posting this. We all need to support each other and remember the important things. . . Whenever I need a boost, I also watch the LDS.org video clips - they are so touching, heartwarming, and most of all. . . true. Sometimes all it takes is a little "positive media" and a scripture to help center us and give us strength to face the day. Love and miss you sista/roomie. <3 Mags

Megan said...

Wow, that was a beautiful message. Thanks for sharing it! I love that part about having the book of our lives exceed our grandest expectations... that alone made my heart swell with hope! I'm so grateful that we always have the hope of being able to change and the hope of finding happiness. :)

Heidi and Rich said...

I really liked this video too. I have sent it on to others it was that good. I hope you are doing better. We really do need to get down there this spring - a little Chad and Emily time is always good!!