Jan 15, 2010

gallbladders are sooo out



Next week I will be a little bit lighter, not just because I am ROCKING at weight watchers but for other reasons. Maybe you can guess... from my experience I have come to find that my gallbladder is stupid and it must go. After its gone, I think I will throw a party that consists of me laying in bed on painkillers  watching the 5 hour pride and prejudice. Does anyone have one I can borrow? Sometime before, lets say, Wednesday?

p.s. I know its a minor thing... but is it weird that I am a little nervous?

9 comments:

Tawnya said...

Must be a trend or something....my old roomie had hers out last week. Hope it takes care of the issue! And way to go on doing WW!! Get yourself as healthy as possible before a little one comes along. :D

Beth said...

I had mine out back in 2000...and it wasn't too bad, so don't worry too much. I think I was up and feeling good within a day, and I didn't even have to spend the night at the hospital! I'm sure you'll have an easy time too. You're lucky to get rid of that thing! I had my first attack when I was pregnant with Brett, and I had to go my whole pregnancy without eating any fat and with extreme pain when I did because they couldn't take it out when I was pregnant. If you get it out now before you have a bun in the oven, you won't have that problem! :)

Let us know if you need anything when you go in for the surgery...

Karen said...

Mikey B got his out a few years ago. He couldn't eat much fat for a bit, but his body adjusted, and now he's back to how he has always been.

I have P&P and you can borrow it if you're still in Utah. For some reason I can't remember where you are these days! Good luck!!

carie said...

i have Pride and Prejudice on my computer as files, maybe I can email them one by one to you? If you want them, email me.

I am sorry about your gallbladder. wish I could help you.

Megan said...

I don't have the 5 hour long Pride & Predjudice on DVD, but I totally volunteer to watch them with you if you find someone who does have them! :) haha, but seriuosly, let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out when you're recovering!

Dan Doxey said...

Totally hear you about being nervous! When I had mine out I wanted to have our will writen, notes written to the kids etc. Crazy! When do you get it out? Best of luck. It's not fun at all but you'll feel so much better!

Leslie said...

Good Luck Emily! I don't think it will be too bad- usually same day surgery if they do it with a scope- take it easy afterward! I think you will be surprised how much better you will feel without it!! :) I know Ellie did!!! I don't blame you for being nervous. I was really nervous last year when I had my hysterectomy. It is just a weird thought to be completed sedated-- but it's easier than it seems! GOOD LUCK!! We love you!

emily jeanne said...

thanks everyone for all your well wishing and encouragement! Maureen brought over P&P for me to borrow and I have a few seasons of LOST and plenty of books so I will be covered! Next time I post on here (after tomorrow morning) I will be gall bladderless! I can't wait! love you guys!

Heidi said...

Eeeep! Just read this. Good luck. Please please please call me if you need anything. Even if it's just some company.