Jul 29, 2009

SHAVE ICE



Ok... I am getting desperate. I am packing boxes, taking stuff to goodwill, and sweating like a pig! I am DYING for a 'Real' Hawaiian Style Shave Ice. Shaved from a brick of ice, flavors: tigers blood and Li-Hing-Mui, in a HUGE flower cup! Soft as a cloud....*literally drooling*

Oddly enough one of the things I miss very very much about Utah is a little Shave Ice Shack in Lindon (right across from Los Hermanos) on state street. I feel like I am sriveling in the heat and want nothing more than a snowy, pillowly and heavenly hawaiian style shave ice.

To my peeps in Utah, please go out today and get one....in honor of me. And to my peeps in California, please help me find a good shave ice shack IMMEDIATELY!

3 comments:

Megan said...

OH man, I feel ya there sister!
I actually discovered a shave ice place down the street from my apartment in Valencia... I haven't gotten the chance to try it yet, but a girl in my ward says it's good! I don't know if you want to drive all the way out to Valencia though!
But on the off-chance that you want to, you just take the 5 North about 25 miles, get off at Magic Mountain Pkwy, turn right and drive all the way down to the third signal light... I think "Town Center Dr."... and turn left. The Shave Ice place is right across from Flair dry cleaners, on the left hand side!

Megan said...

P.S. Matsumodo's is THE BEST!!!!

Kate said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm...snooooowwwwwww ssshhhhaaacccckkkkk. i would say it like that everytime I passed one in utah, my fave of all faves.