
I know you all 3 of you are dying to hear about our move. It went awesome, we had lots of help from great friends, and ward members and even the missionaries were helping us. We started moving on Thursday and were finished 'moving' all the stuff in on saturday afternoon. The bulk of the move was Friday night and Saturday morning.
Since Saturday we have been unpacking, putting away and rearranging our house. It has been so fun. It is kind of surreal since we just moved downstairs. It doesn't quite feel like our house yet, once we are all settled I think it will feel like home. I have loved having more space, and place for storage. It is definitely bigger and nicer than our last place. We have already fallen in love with having a dishwasher, garage, jetted tub, and a porch.
We are breaking in our apartment this week by having our first house guests tonight, we can't wait to have Dave and Les and family over. Then on Sunday we are having the missionaries over for dinner so it has certainly given us motivation to get everything organized. Stay tuned for some before, during and after pics of the new apartment.
I am posting a couple pics to truly show what a nerd I am because when we moved in I told Chad I thought that our front gate looks like the Gates of Moria. (For those of you who don't speak nerd, the Gates of Moria is a magical gate to the dwarf kingdom in middle earth, from the Lord of the Rings books). To enter through the gate you must speak the word friend in elvish. I will not require those entering our new house to speak friend. However, I hope its a good sign that we will have many friends soon pass through the doors of our new place.


5 comments:
i can't wait to see the before and after pics, and you kill me having this post so close to the shave ice post...i salivate everytime. i have even been know to look at your blog just to see the pic...i love the snow shack that much. the gate is awesome, love it!!!!
Love it! I'm a hard-core LOTR nerd too. And that's exactly what I thought when I saw the door. How cool!
I LOVE IT! I am a super geek too when it comes to Lord of the Rings. Congrats on the move!
haha wow, so crazy! It does look like that gate! I can't wait to see pictures of your new place--and I'm so glad you got all moved in OK!
P.S. You're TOTALLY welcome to come up and visit my little home, you know! And we will get shave ice and LOVE it. :)
Can't wait to see the pictures. I hope Dave and Les have fun - isn't So. Cal the best. I wish it wasn't so dang expensive - otherwise we'd move there.
Post a Comment