Aug 25, 2009

Chad's B-day


Here a few pics from Chad's B-day tiki extravaganza. It was great! Tons of people turned up to show some love for Chad and the night was flowing with pineapple slush, pina coladas, and strawberry daiquiris (all virgin of course). It was fun to meet some of Chad's friends for the first time, and see his worlds collide (as George would say), definitely a eclectic mix of peoples. It was amazing, and fun, and great to see everyone. It was also a prefect time for Chad to show off his extensive TIKI mug collection. Sunday we went up to San Bernardino to spend with Chad's family and had his favorite german chocolate cake! Thanks to all the friends and fam for the birthday wishes, I think it made turning 37 awesome for Chad.

Chad w/ the king of all Tiki's Mug. Seriously, he couldn't even finish his drink!


Chocolate cupcakes with butter cream/coconut frosting. (Chad proudly made the butter cream).








9 comments:

Kate said...

i could have finished the drink...i probably would have had 3 of them...i love chad and all and wish to high heaven that we were there, but mostly i'm sad i missed the fruity beverage bar (see post reg Hawaiian ice)

Megan said...

Oh my goodness, I seriously want a pina colada now. Well, anything coconut--those cupcakes look incredibly scrumptious too! All the decorations are awesome, it looks like you guys had such a fun night! Glad Chad had such a happy birthday!

Tawnya said...

Sounds like Chad is a renaissance man - designing invites and making frosting!! Glad the party went well! Happy Birthday!

Heidi and Rich said...

So fun - I wish we could have been there. Did I mention that I love your apartment? Everything looked so well put together. Have you considered party planner/event photographer!!!

Leslie said...

That looks so fun! Way to go Em on the decorating!! and the food! You are a great wife! Happy belated birthday Chad! We love you! You are awesome! Dave&Les

Sarah said...

ohhhhh ahhhhh i wish i there too!

l i z said...

look at you and Chad and all your cute tikiness! i miss you...i wish i could've been there.

doug said...

Of course happy birth again to Chad, but wowsers I think I could go for a Tiki Mug of splender and a little butter cream! Looks like a great time. Can't wait to come join in the festivities!

chad said...

thanks em for making it such an awesome party and b-day! you're the best ever!! xoxoxox