
Some of you my know that since moving to California I have been DYING to see celebs! You know, because stars are just like US! You always see them walking around, getting latte's, and walking their dogs. However, I have only a couple times seen anyone famous. If you recall, my post about the angry guy from Lost, I saw him at Costco.
So, today Chad and I took a break from packing our house, to go get hot dogs and more boxes from Costco. On the way home we were waiting at the light and I look over and say 'Hey that car kinda looks like the one in Chitty Chitty BANG BANG" and Chad says, 'Hey that's JAY LENO driving it!'

I know Jay Leno is pretty NOT FUNNY and not the most glamorous of celebrities. BUT, I TOTALLY SAW HIM DRIVING A CRAZY CAR!!! whoo hoo! I vowed to blog about it when I got home, and here you have it. Chad has actually met Leno last year when he was invited to his GARAGE to see all of Jay's vintage motocycles with Chad's work Alpinestars. Chad said he was really nice, and surprisingly funny. After getting home I decided to look up Jay Leno's cars to see if it was in reality the CCBB car. It turns out Jay has a website dedicated to his vintage car and motorcycle collection.
It was pretty cool to look all the different cars he has. The one we saw him driving was a car that runs on steam. YES, STEAM! from 1907. If you wanna check out the pics and read about the car check out his White Steam Car.

This is the ACTUAL Chitty Chitty Bang Bang car. So yeah, they are not even close to the same car. But, in my defense, it has been about 15 or 20 years since I have seen the movie. Which I should remedy because man the movie rocks (at least it does when you are 9).

4 comments:
neato! yes, Ben is definitely obsessed with Leno's collection. you should watch chitty-chitty bang bang again, but be warned, it's excessively cheesy.
the best part is with the child catcher. we went to the village in Germany(Rothenburg)where they filmed the Vulgaria scenes.
I heart Chitty-chitty-bang-bang ever so much, even if it's title is really annoying to type. I think I probably used to watch it about once a month when I was little :)
I am glad I am not the only one who loves chitty chitty bang bang.
We've seen Leno around three or four times driving around Burbank, but it's always fun whenever we see him because he really does drive such awesome cars! I hope you get to see him again soon! :)
Post a Comment