Back in Utah I used to listen to x96 in the morning on my drive to work or school. One of the little bits that they did was a spot called 'things that must go' it was basically a forum for people to complain about things they dislike. Since I am a bit frazzled right now, I decided to start my own 'things that must go' list, just for the sake of venting about my frustrations. If you don't like complaining you may want to look away now.
Things that must go from today:
Honking of car horns... if you dont accelerate to 40 mph as soon as the light turns green...you get honked at.
When something breaks 1 week after your warranty is up... Chad and I got a point and shoot camera just after we got married, and I am sad to say it is wigging out and not working anymore. I looked up my receipt only to find my one year expired 1 week ago! In hopes that not all was lost I checked costco to see if i purchased it on my AMEX which I did not, so I am pretty much out of luck. Sad day.
Trying to access your storage unit in the dark.... I went to our storage unit to drop off our camping gear, and get an old photo album so I could use them on my new blog. About 2 minutes into looking the lights in the hall of the storage complex get turned off, not pitch black, but black enough that I cant see ANYTHING in my storage unit. I am thinking...Ok give it a minute, maybe they will come back on, or Maybe if I move around and trigger some sort of motion detector they will come back on. I got so desperate that I clapped in hopes that they were controlled by clapper. Much to my annoyance they DID NOT come back on. I thought about packing all my stuff in, then going down and telling them to turn on the lights but realized I would then have to go back up and unpack everything to look for my book. So in the dark, I just put my camp gear on top of stuff near the front hoping that it wont fall or break something.
People who park like idiots... I know I don't live in LA proper, or Hollywood where parking is a TOTAL nightmare. But I do live on a street that consists of total parking imbeciles! It used to be this one truck would take 2 spaces every so often. It has now turned into something of a daily occurrence. SERIOUSLY PEOPLE! You are not the only ones that need to park on the road, just because you want a shady spot, or because you are so worried about your paint job doesn't mean you have the right to park as if the road is your own personal driveway! Now, I know what you thinking, what's the big deal?... just park further way. And I do. HOWEVER, it is really annoying when you have to run across a busy road with your arms full of groceries. And more than that it is just the principle of the matter. I consider myself a considerate parker and I expect that people would do that same. I was toying with the idea of writing them mean notes to tell them that they are parking like idiots, or keying their car (not really). Instead I am just ranting about it on my blog, I apologize for all those who got caught in my cross hairs, but if I can't vent on my blog, where can I vent?
Hopefully you wont see any of my 'things that must go' lists anytime soon, so in the mean time, happy parking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
one great thing about the day is that before my storage unit went dark I found a sweater I have been looking for! Hooray!
Ha ha ha! I loved this blog honestly. I have a fondness for the Radio From Hell show and miss it every morning. I know you can download the podcasts but really, who remembers to do that every day?
I remember at the Hostel House how annoyed you would get with bad parking as well. Bad parking is annoying and I am sorry it follows you everywhere. Miss you!
I might try taking your camera back to Costco anyway because their return policy is really pretty good. All they can say is no, right?
Also: parking idiots - I know what you mean...
Also x 2: We just laughed so hard at the mental image of you trying to trigger the motion sensor and clapping in the dark :)
I dated a guy in college who was a two space parker, and it would really embarrass me when I was with him. Until one time we came out to his car, and someone had crawled up on his car and taken a crap! Maybe that's what you need to do! ;)
whew...you tell em chicky! sometimes we just need to vent!
p.s. Chad just informed me that there is a timer that you have to turn before you go into the storage units! Man I feel stupid! LOL at all your comments! Thanks for commiserating with me!
you know you can tell your itunes to subscribe to RSS feeds and podcasts so you don't have to remember to DL?
kristin's story is hilarious.. hahahah!
Haha, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who vents on my blog... it feels good, doesn't it! Sorry things are such a bug lately... the parking situation is the story of my life. Making 10 trips back and forth carrying groceries is NO fun when you have to park so far away! And I was also laughing out loud at the mental image of you clapping in the storage bin. It's funny how bad days turn out to be so laughable after the fact. :) Anyway, I hope things start to get better! Feel free to vent to me any time!
Post a Comment