
This Christmas was truly a 'white Christmas' as we spent it in Utah! It was like out of a movie, you know the type, when it starts snowing that beautiful 'movie snow' on Christmas Eve and everyone goes, awwwww. We had a great time playing in the snow and sledding and hot coco with the marshmallows and candy canes afterward.
Certainly one of the highlights of the trip was our annual Christmas party/gift exchange/Nativity. It was several days of parties that reach a high point when mom aka Redwing, got out a floppy Christmas dog and said... "Some of you haven't seen grammie tap dance before". For those of you who haven't been lucky enough to see (or relive through the retelling of) the original tap dancing bit that happened several years ago at the Gibson/Doxey Christmas party. Lets just say it involved, 40+ pairs of tap shoes, particle boards over the carpet, a lot of jazz hands and MOST of my family tap dancing with Redwing at the helm!

So this year, Mom relived the old tap dancing glory days by dancing to a little ditty by Mannheim Steamroller. It was fanciful and frolicking that would make Liberace proud! Stay tuned for a Youtube link!

Chad was truly 'broken in' to my family this year, not only by the tap dancing but by the 50+ people and children squealing and blowing Kazoos so deafening that I think I suffered significant hearing loss! The look on his face says it all.
I will be posting more pics from Christmas but in the mean time you can check some of them out HERE. All joking aside we had a wonderful and memorable first Christmas together thanks to all our family and friends who took the time to hang out while we were up in Utah.

7 comments:
love the pic of your mom & Chad's face!
It sounds like we really missed out, esp on the tap dancing. I love the look on Chad's face, I think I had a similar look at times my first Christmas. Miss you guys!
That was classic... honestly- I didn't know where to look! I have to laugh every time I think if it! HILARIOUS... and Chad's face... AWESOME.
poor guy...jim totally relates to that, families are funny!
Chad was the best! He just rolls with it. We're so lucky to have him in the family. My boys are especially fond of him. Thanks for all the fun times!
LOL, it makes me want my family in town to go sledging again. It was great to see you guys too. Next time you're in town, plan a lunch at the rio with me!
Post a Comment