Feb 22, 2008

V-day Craziness



I know, I know. It has been almost a month since my last blogs but you all will be richly rewarded with many posts updating everyone on my Valentines day with Chad.

First off, let it be known that Wednesday night was INSANE. The weather in Utah was bordering on freakish. In Utah county near the point of the mountain had 50-60 MPH winds. At times it was a complete white out show storm. It was officially classified as a hazardous winter storm. Because the wind was blowing so bad it created snow drifts that buried cars on the side of the freeway. I heard on the radio that a woman was birthing a child on the side of the road and one of the weirdest things is that they announced that Smiths in Lehi was accepting refugees! REFUGEES! They were offering shelter to people who had been trying to get home for 6-8 hours! I am sorry I am so liberally using exclamation points but honestly no other punctuation seems to do this weird storm justice.

Meanwhile, I was supposed to pick up Chad from the Airport at 10. It took me 3 hours to drive to the airport (which normally takes me about 40 minutes). Chad's plane was delayed and arrived at Midnight, so luckily we arrived at about the same time. I was happy to pick him up at the airport because my friend lent me this ridiculously huge teddy bear (as seen above) so that I could surprise Chad. It had the desired effect of odd looks and Chad rolling his eyes wondering why in the world I would buy something so huge and silly. But it turned out really funny and memorable, so I was happy that I brought it! (thanks Jess!)

No comments: