Dec 21, 2007

Dental Work




Today I got some fillings taken care of at the dentist. I think that im going to avoid going to the dentist early in the morning because im not awake enough to make educated decisions about how many shots or laughing gas i need. They kept me gassed the whole time and gave me several shots. He kept poking my gums and i kept feeling it so he gave me more and more shots. THUS.... my pirate face! I totally need and eye patch and to start calling people scurvy rats. This picture isn't even the worst of it. It was like I was a bad comedy/tragedy ceramic clown mask (you know the smile now, cry later masks)! when I went into work an hour after my dentist it was so extreme that everyone in the office got a good laugh. Then tyler says to me... maybe they hit a nerve and your face will be like that for 3 weeks! AHHHH that would be the WORST! However, My face is slowly regaining normality and feeling..... Hopefully you all will get a good laugh out of it as well!

8 comments:

by Cheri Christensen, Mom :) said...

Brynne had the same smile.

chad said...

wow, you look crazy! but you're still cute! hehe

Leslie said...

Thats super funny ~ :0) Thanks for sharing! I love the pirate bit.

Kgordee said...

that picture is going straight to my caller ID entry for you. Priceless!!!

The Crane Family said...

Those Darn Dentists!!! I feel your pain--I have recently had the same look--that would be bad if it didn't go away! You look cute Em--and you're hilarious with the pirate stuff!

Tamsin said...

Seeing as you are now ENGAGED(!!!): I think it's time for a blog update!

The Crane Family said...

Where are the pictues of the ENGAGEMENT? WE NEED PHOTOS--RING ETC! CONGRATS EM-- WE LOVE YOU!

carie said...

When I worked at the dentist's office a lot of patients didn't take the gas or novocaine. They hated the shots and the numb feeling. They just endured the 10 minutes of pain. When you mentioned that the dentist kept poking at your gums, I clearly remember all of that needle pain.

It makes me think that maybe next time I will try the all natural approach, well maybe.