I know, I know...its taken me ages to blog about my engagement. However, I have been trying to make personal phone calls, texts, emails and hand gestures to tell one and all that I was engaged BEFORE they read about it on my blog. According to several reliable sources, it's ok to be really cheezy and schmoopy on the day you get engaged and the day you get married so... if you're reading this be warned that the following story will involve some cheezy retelling of 'the deets' of my engagement.
So the story goes a little something like this... It was January 2nd in the afternoon and Chad drove us down this amazing little highway that led from Burbank to Malibu. We headed to Zuma Beach. Once there we climbed up the short but steep hike up to Point Dume (Not to be confused with Point DOOM). We hiked out to the edge and it was perfect! (You can see in the picture a person standing on the edge...that is EXACTLY where we were sitting). Looking left we could see a magic cove and looking right we could see all up the california coast line. It was early afternoon so we could even see out to Catalina Island and the Channel Islands. We sat on the rocks and talked for a while and I spotted a few dolphins and sea lions which is always fun. (Keep in mind that I pretty much knew what was happening...but i played along because I love Chad). He started with... "You might know why I asked you to come up here with me"... I got a bit blushy and nervous, he seemed pretty calm considering what he was doing and that was followed by some really sweet declarations of love and devotion (which I will keep in my heart and between Chad and I *wink, wink*) He asked If I would marry him.... and I said.....
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (See the pictures for the expressions on our faces...they can tell volumes of how utterly and completely happy we are to be getting married)! After we returned to earth, we sat and talked and enjoyed the sunset and then made a few strategic phone calls to get the thumbs up on the upcoming nuptials, which were readily given by Mom and Andy. Then we hiked down and enjoyed a romantic picnic dinner on the beach which couldn't have been more perfect! I think Chad and I are a perfect match and getting to know him and falling in love with him has felt like coming home. To all my friends and family- if you haven't met Chad yet, I know you will love him! because I really really do and I can't wait to be his wife on June 12th, 2008!
p.s. If the pics seem a bit small for your liking, just click on the picture to make it larger!

16 comments:
How exciting!!!! Congrats!!! :)
Ems, you are so beautiful! Lucky, lucky Chad :)
I'm dying to hear about it!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!
Yea Emily! We are so happy for you! We love you so much! CONGRATULATIONS! We can't wait for all the festivities! YIPEE!
awww... we are so cute! that day was 4 magics and beyond dreamy. i love you so much and i can't wait to spend forever with you!!
Awwww :) We are so happy for you two.
beautiful pictures. what a perfect engagment. we are so happy for you!!! we can't wait to meet chad.
Congrats - Em and Chad. We can't wait for June!!
Congratulations, my dear!! I am so happy for you. Thanks for telling me in person first!! ;-)
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
You guys are great! We can't wait for all the fun and glam.
How Lucky Chad is to get you Em! We can't wait to meet him--I'm sure he's spectacular too! We can't wait until June- Wedding Bells are ringing!
Nothing like a good mushy cheese ball fest to choke me up! I am soooooooooo happy that you will be joining the marriage club. See you on the other side... Just kidding.
i can't even begin to tell you how happy jon and i are for you! please let me know if you need any help with anything.
way to go lil! you look really happy. chad is a lucky guy.
What a great love story! Congrats!! You make a beautiful couple.
He is a lucky guy!
Much Love!
Congrats Emily! Glad we got to meet him as well! A June wedding sounds beautiful already!
Post a Comment