


After The Warhol Exhibit Chad and I went window shopping down broadway (3rd St). We went to some cute little boutiques, bookshops, record stores and vintage/antique shops.
We stumbled upon a cute gallery that was having a Holga show which was perfect because I HEART HOLGAS! Perhaps I will write a poem or dedicate a blog to how much I love them. After we went to the Joseph Smith Building and checked out the killer view (as seen above) we then went to the Joseph Smith movie (which was great, i definitely cried A LOT)!

After the Joseph Smith movie we went to see the lights (of course) which were spectacular! I don't actually remember the last time i've actually gone to Salt Lake with the sole purpose of 'seeing the lights'. It was so breath taking and (I know its cheesy) but it was awfully romantic! The reflecting pool, all the votives around the plaza with different sayings in different languages. There were awesome nativity scenes from around the world, and the lights on the trees were beautiful in true Temple Square fashion. It was bitter bitter cold so it gave us a chance to walk around and cuddle! It was worth the frozen noses and fingers.


Just when we thought we couldn't get any colder... we decided to take a carriage ride! Which anyone will say is so romantic that you can almost see the cheese oozing out of the seats. It was really sweet for Chad to indulge me (after all we are 'courting'). It got pretty cold but we were bundled under blankets together and what can get better than that? I'll tell you what's better...that, plus having a carriage driver who minds their own business. I'm all for friendliness but COME ON the guy who drove us around was a bit of a stand up comedian/local historian, he wouldn't stop talking for the first half of the ride but eventually he gave us some schmoopy time (but most of it was spent chattering our teeth and trying not to freeze to the seat. Over all I'd say that Temple Square really is cheesily romantic and I LOVE IT!

3 comments:
Love the Blog posts Em... sounds like a total blast! Especially the schmoopy part!
yes, it was freezing that night (especially for this california boy), but it was so romantic too!
Little Miss Em. We loved the pictures. It has inspired me (Heidi) to take our kids there next year...they would love it. Tell Chad hi for us!!
Post a Comment