Jun 7, 2009

Attempts at digital Scrapbooking


I found this neat-o vintage photo border online. In the past I have really loved photo borders (I used to have a CD of them but lost it). To add a border you can use mask tools in photoshop and use different blending options to add them to your photos. I took the profile pics against a window and made them black and white in raw conversion and with levels. I Basically just winged it!

I thought I would make a 1st step in the direction of digital scrapbooking. I think I may try and take a community college illustrator class because doing it all in photoshop is more complicated that it has to be. I will keep everyone posted on new projects or ideas. Warning: this may be a passing phase so dont be shocked if this is the last you see of this sort of thing! Let us hope I can get better so that I will get excited about this!

I would love any tips or tricks anyone has, or online teaching videos or anything! Also, If anyone knows of any websites for stock borders, patterns or prints that are inexpensive I am all ears. I have seen many of my photo friends using some really awesome vintage looking photo treatments and am looking to get a hold of some actions so I can learn how to replicate the vintage look and feel. Thanks!

4 comments:

The Crane Family said...

You're amazing Em!!! Wow, I love the profiles--so cool! I haven't checked in for a while--You've been busy! When is Girls camp? I wish I could go--you're awesome! I also didn't know Christy moved there--how handy. Fun times, We can't wait to see you at the reunion soon.

Chanel said...

Totally Rad Actions (www.totallyradactions.com) is a good action set and they have some vintage stuff. Be careful... you might get addicted.

Tawnya said...

The profiles are so cool. Kristin wants to do that on shirts for Father's Day.

Teresa Gashler said...

I'm wanting to do digital scrap booking too. Thanks for explaining how you did the silhouette, it looks classy. I want to do one for Steve and I. I use Stock.xchng for backgrounds.