May 11, 2009

A random, quick post

Can I just say, I love google reader! If it wasn't for that I have no idea how I would keep track of everyone! Its nice to go one place to get all the dirt on all my friends far and wide.

And speaking of dirt, the dirt on me is this: I recently joined a gym (Burbank Athletic Club with my friend Maureen) and have been doing well thus far in going to the gym. Also Chad and I have officially started our walks again and are making an effort to eat more fresh fruits and veggies and drinking more water. I know we haven't been doing it long, but man I feel great, hooray for endorphins! I feel great taking care of my body, including getting some much dreaded and put off procedures. Now that I almost have all this medical crap behind me I feel like I can really get serious about getting healthy and fit. I also think it will help me mentally to not have anything hanging over my head and know with a clear conscience that I am taking steps (albeit baby steps) to being a better person.

I am also excited that my cousin and good friend Christy and her family are moving about 20 minutes away. This is such a great thing because I have been feeling pretty lonely and been missing familiar faces. I do have a few friends that I have made in my ward, and a good friend that lives in the OC. But it will be so nice to add a long time, and very good friend to my life again! I also will hopefully be a nanny for her little boy Paul. It will be fun to have a 'trial run' at mothering, and it will be great to spend time with Christy, Tom and Paul.

4 comments:

l i z said...

i just <3 you.
(and miss you so, so much!)

Megan said...

That's so great Emily!
I have been sooo bad about going to the gym since getting married. I need to figure out a time and start going more regularly. It's really amazing how much more energy you feel after working out! You'd think it'd be the opposite!
Anyway, thanks for posting about this. It makes me want to be better!

By the way... how are things going for Girls Camp?? Be sure to let me know if there's anything I can help you with!

Leslie said...

Good job Emily! It's hard to do- but it IS rewarding! You are awesome! Thanks again for letting us crash and I hope everything went well yesterday with your medical stuff! We love you guys!

oliver.and.emily said...

yay! you are awesome and we really need to hang out! i've got most of the last week of the month off -- let me know your schedule and we can start planning :)