
This weekend we were able to use two or our previous christmas presents. One being a BBQ someone (Chad can't remember who) gave to Chad for christmas years ago before we were married. We broke it in by cooking salmon and corn on the grill. The main reason we brought out the grill was so that we could use a christmas present we got from my mom THIS christmas. A Foil apple box oven! Emergency preparedness to the extreme! I have to admit when we got this I was thinking.... when on earth would I ever use that! However, being from california, and having experienced earthquakes on a semi regular basis, I see the need. But that need seemed SLIM at best. So, when I was called to be a camp director in my ward, and we began planning a girls camp cookout I thought.... THAT would be the perfect time to use the oven!!! This coming saturday, the oven will be used to cook with my 3rd year girls camp certification. To get to the final point of my story... Chad and I tested out the oven to make mini chocolate cupcakes. And... IT WORKED!!!! It worked great! It was fun to cook in a survivalist (as well as in traditional BBQ) manner. I thought that you all would be proud of my pioneer woman ways, and Mom, Thanks for the foil oven!! It made for a great meal and fun night!





6 comments:
why do i allow myself to look at these things when i'm starving? you guys are too cute, btw. the NY trip photos were fun indeed.
miss you!
So impressed with your pioneer woman qualities. Mom would be proud! Maybe you should call her about it. Checking blogs is not her forte.
So fun! It's awesome to learn that you like something so random, isn't it?
Wow Em and Chad--impressive!! You guys sure are handy! I am jealous of the YWomen--I want to go to camp with you!
That looks like you guys were having too much fun.
aww.. this was so fun, and delicious! we need to grill more often.
Post a Comment