
Saturday Chad and I embarked on a mission to fix our bikes. Chad proved how great he is by taking charge and turned it into a DIY project. He spent the large part of the afternoon, putting on the tires, putting in the tubes taking on and off wheels and adjusting everything so it was PERFECT! Eventually fixing both the bikes so they were in working order to ride around town! This amazed and impressed me because I normally would take it to a bike shop and have them do it for me! Now I have my own personal fix-it man! My HUSBAND!!! He's awesome!!

After he fixed up the bikes (I helped a bit by pumping up tires and cleaning the bikes) we went for a long ride around town. There is the awesome road (Chandler Blvd) that has a parkway. It used to be old rail road tracks but now its a beautiful trail perfect for biking, running, etc! We had so much fun riding there.
At the end of our long afternoon of fixin' bikes and riding around beautiful 'midtown' burbank, Chad and I rode our bikes off into the sunset and we went to dinner at this cute mexican spot called Poquito Mas. Since we were riding at night. It's official; NIGHT RANGERS: Burbank Chapter is now in full effect! (For those who don't know, Night Rangers is a Night time/Year Round bike club that stops problems before they start! It has chapters all over this fine country. Shout out to Elin for keeping Night Rangers alive and well in Salt Lake City (She even rode her bike to my wedding!)


I wanted you all to know that I HEART my bike and I HEART my husband for fixing it for me. Now that it has cooled down a bit I just want to ride my bike everywhere!

7 comments:
yes!! this was an awesome day/evening... i can't wait to ride my newly acquired bike all over this fine city. it's fun, plus we're getting much-needed exercise.
big thanks to emily for being a motivator on this project. it probably wouldn't have happened without her prodding my lazy butt.
next up: embroidered NIGHT RANGERS crew jackets. heh. :)
Cool biking story!! I loved the pics. I'm even going to steal a few of them for my "bicycle" photo collection (started in Italy where bikes are EVERYWHERE, with every configuration of baskets, child seats, etc.)
I'm glad you're out riding... you will get hooked. There really is nothing like that "wind in the hair," and being able to go anywhere. I had a "townie" (the accurate terminology for your type of bike-- when you have several types, road, mountain, fixie, single speed, etc., you can say, "let's take the townies")that I road out in Alabama. I even had on a light for the front and back that you could switch on where the power was generated by the back wheel.
Happy trails!
my bike is a vintage schwinn and has a pedal powered light too! We will be taking our single speed townies everywhere!
That is so cool emily! I love it! Looks like fun! What gorgeous scenery to drive in too! :) Way to go Chad!! Aren't fix-it up husbands the best!?!?!?
a sweet ode to a bike.
So much fun! Next time you come visit, bring your bikes and we'll go explore all the beautiful places around here! Love the post.
Post a Comment