May 25, 2010
UPDATE
Since my past few blog posts I have contemplated the "to blog or not to blog" question. Well, I have decided to keep blogging, even if it is spastically. So for an update on my life...
-Chad had a great time in Japan and brought me home a beautiful Kimono (an entry level kimono, no we did not drop a couple grand on a kimono). I love kimono's and think they are works of art themselves. Chad and I are going to an upcoming show of Japanese prints, at the Norton Simon in Pasadena, opening Friday June 4th. For you locals you should check it out.
-I went to Utah and back! It was such a short trip that unfortunately I was not able to see all the friends I wanted to or do photoshoots this trip. I basically had 1 day to cram all the hanging out with friends and family in together. I spent Friday and Saturday at Mom's house helping her prepare for her mission. I even packed my car full to the ceiling with stuff. Lets just say... when we do have a baby... It will be SET! We now have some awesome vintage fisher price toys (Toy record player above), crib, bassinet, and all the pakistani brass items and mirrored clothing one could want. Not to mention food storage. I am actually really excited to get the food because with all the earthquakes lately I have been feeling like I need to be more prepared. So going to utah was a good step towards our 3 month supply of food. It was like old times, going through the boxes and finding treasures. I had fun hanging with Mom, Dorothy, Becky and Aubrey working on the House.
Sunday Afternoon Kgordee and Camille had a BBQ at their beautiful new home (built by my brother-in-law Bry!) It was so great to see all the utah peeps! I have missed you guys and it was so fun to catch up! Right after that BBQ I went for chicken and stove top part II with my family! It was great to see everyone and it blows be away at how all my little nieces and nephews (whom I remember being born, and baby sat all the time) are now growing up and going on missions! It is crazy. I enjoyed hearing Cheri and Bry's tales of their biking adventures at hole in the rock (you guys are insane btw) and had a rather intense game of spoons with brynne, tommy and Max.
Monday afternoon some the gals met up for a (belated) mothers day lunch for mom, at my favorite pizza place in orem, and maybe in the world, Pizzeria 712 (a long time ago I wrote a ode to tiny tacos, and I think i need to write a sonnet or haiku about how much I love P712)... stay tuned for that one. Right after lunch I headed home. The drive both ways was actually pretty great. I was worried but its nothing a little diet coke, and frazzles can't cure! I listened to one and a half books while driving and I think that is my trick for staying awake, and passing the time quickly.
-More updates....
-LOST!!!!!!!!!!!! its over... I totally cried, and am still throughly confused, but I have closure, and I loved the finale, and I can't wait to go back and watch it all again. I am sure now that I know the end, I will enjoy the last season even more. I kinda feel like I just got broken up with, but I also feel like it was a mutual break up. I guess you can't really breakup with a TV show, and it can't really be mutual, if I had no choice in the matter. HOWEVER, I have enjoyed the past 4 years of anxiety, mystery, and just plain awesomeness that is LOST.
4 8 15 16 23 42 Namaste!
-I am growing a little potted garden on my back patio.
-I am getting ready for girls camp round 2 in July.
-I am excited to go back to utah for the mom's farewell, and our family reunion! I also hope that I get to catch up with friends that I couldnt see on my last trip.
-I baked my first fruit pie recently (well I should say, the first that I have baked completely on my own... I feel like i have made plenty over the years, but usually someone else did the crust part). It turned out amazing! I am so proud I may even post pictures.
-I am working on posting new (old to me, but new to you all) photos on my photo blog so check them out.
-I have acquired a bunch of kids stuff (from utah) and I was thinking of trying to photograph more children/babies/kids. So if you live around here... contact me and I will hook you up with a sweet deal.
All in all, life is wonderful, the weather is great, Chad is amazing, I am working more, and always always looking for more work, so I am staying positive. I love my family and friends, and I love my ward family and all the good friends I have made down here and trying to be more social. I will keep you all in the loop about my (our) lives. I have realized I like blogging as sort of a digital journaling but its also nice to know that people out there are interested in what is going on in my life. It makes me feel really loved! Thanks! em
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
aw, you're the best!! xoxox
ps. haha, mirrored pakistani clothing? why have i not seen this yet??
Love the record set! They are so you-- and now you will be able to create a mini you! How fun about your mom's mission and good job on your fruit pie!
i'm glad to see you post this. i go back and forth with the blogging, too. but i love hearing about your life, since i don't get to see you or talk to you much. don't stop sharing!
YAY for an update! I love hearing what you're up to since I don't get to see you anymore...
Sounds like your Utah trip was a ton of fun. :) I hope you're able to put all that baby fun stuff to use soon! ;) I remember those little record players when I was growing up... so fun to see a picture of one!
Yea for you Emily! We are heading up to Ut this weekend to help your Mom too! Should be fun! Love your posts! I always enjoy reading them and seeing what you've been up to! You're awesome! :)
Oooooh, I want one of those little records players SO badly! They have one in the nursery in our ward, and I have spent many a Sunday plotting and scheming about how I can STEAL TOYS FROM SMALL CHILDREN IN CHURCH.
Post a Comment