Apr 26, 2010

blog bleh

Lately I have been feeling rather unmotivated to blog.  I guess its partly because I feel I have nothing great to talk about. And... partly because I feel like I am a blogging just for a party of one.  I am wondering if any of you out there will notice if I decide to put it to bed.  Maybe I just need to get motivated to blog about something people actually want to read.  But what do people want to read.... well I am bringing the question to the people. I am wondering what blog posts in the past have all 5 of you liked? Do you want to see more recipes? More photo shoots? What do you WANT to hear from me?  I am not out to be a rock star blogger, or really a rock star anything. I guess sometimes I just wanna know that I am writing to the great  unknown void that is the internet.

Also, I am wondering if I am the only person that deals with this in their own blogging/life in general.

12 comments:

Tawnya said...

Yeah, I think most people get tired of the blog thing and then come back and then get tired, etc. I get mine printed so I blog more along the lines of keeping a scrapbook/journal of our comings and goings. It's just bonus when I hit a post that garners a lot of positive comments. :D

Leslie said...

Yeah, I am kind of the same. I don't think I have much of an audience on my blog, but I kind of do it for a journaling/scrapbooking outlet...It's fun to look back over the past 3-4 yrs and see what we have done and how my family has changed! I for one LOVE reading your blog! I check it weekly, it's such a great way to keep up with friends and family we aren't living close to!! :) So I vote DON'T put it to bed!!

Unknown said...

@ Tawnya - what service do you use to print your blog?

@ lil Em- your blog is on my google reader, so I read every post! I especially like seening pictures, reading about CA (since it is so different from where a we live), reading your testimony and enlihtening moments, and reading about how you and your love are getting healthy! Do you read the Vags blog - I think I have invited you, but let me know if you need another invite :)

IronLawGirl said...

I just like knowing what you're up to. :)

Megan said...

Since I don't get to see you anymore, I like just hearing what you're up to and the adventures you and Chad find yourselves in! I vote not getting rid of the blog!

As a few people commented above me, I also use my blog as a journal... I'm converting it into a book using blurb.com and am excited to get the published copy to look back at and also for my future generations to get to know me better. Lately I've been feeling the same way -- like there's NOTHING going on in my life that's interesting...but sometimes it's good to write about "nothing" because it almost always turns into "something"!

P.S. I read every one of your posts!!!

Heidi said...

Yeah - I'm pretty splotchy with my blogging and it's gone through many phases, but I just approach it as somewhere I can post things are interesting to me. If I like looking back at it and it is full of things I like to look at, then I sort of leave it at that, because who knows what other people will find interesting?

But I do like when you share your thoughts and feelings, what you're going through in your life, because most often I can relate.

My vote is for you to keep going with your blog, but just realize some weeks you'll have a lot you want to say and some weeks you won't - and that's ok.

Brittany said...

it is hard sometimes if you think nobody is reading but honestly just write what you want to write about. when you are passionate about it, other people will be too. i read it in reader so you aren't getting hits from me but i am reading it!

Lisa/Scott said...

I may not always leave a comment, but I do read your blog :) Sorry for never commenting. That's rude. I'll do better. I love the pictures you post and the things you think about! I wish you lived closer so I could hire you as my family photographer.
I get sick of blogging too, mostly because I feel like nobody really cares about my random thoughts and my day to day life, which leads to a lot of sarcasm in my posts because I figure I might as well entertain myself if nobody else. That and I feel like a "Me monster" between blogging and facebook and always talking about myself and my family. At the very least, I've noticed that blogging helps me keep track of stuff over time, it's sort of like my public journal. My private one is much more boring.

Emily Jeanne said...

thanks everyone for your sweet comments. I appreciate you all letting me vent and that you all can relate. I will definitely keep blogging, I think I just need to do more and get motivated! love you guys?

Dorothy said...

Em, please post.... about anything. I feel like it is just a snap shot of your life, and a way (albeit, not ideal) to keep "in touch." I like anything from family. Whatever you're doing, or thinking.
I'm lame, for sure, as I have written nothing for the past 8 months. I suppose I just feel overwhelmed, and can understand if you feel that way, too.

Sally Jackson said...

I realized about half a year ago, that I am blogging for myself, and if someone happens to read it, maybe it will be fun for them, too. I can't wait to print it out one day and have all these memories to keep.
My favorite blog posts people share, in general, are the true, honest feelings they have about life, family, and what goes on that makes them who they are. I think your blog is very honest, and I like to check in from time to time!

carenburns said...

Em I love your blog! I have it sent to my google reader, so sometimes I read a bunch at once when I have time to catch up. I think you actually have a good variety of things to read on here and I like that. I feel like I still know a bit about your life and it is nice to stare at your photos!