A few weeks ago Chad and I went the Getty Center with Ellen and Julie (Chad's mom and sister). We had so much fun looking at the art, the beautiful gardens and of course the amazing architecture!

One of my favorite parts about the Getty are the maze like gardens with all sorts of interesting plants. Its great to see flowering plants in the fall and winter. We even saw a tiny pomegranate tree with tiny pomegranates. The Getty has so many sweet little walkways, cozy benches and spongy grass. It also has some of the best views of the city from the structures and on the tram on the way up.

It was awesome to spend time with Chads mom and sister! They are so fun and funny they make me feel right at home in the family!
Since the Getty is open til 9 pm on saturday night be got to enjoy this amazing sunset!
After the Getty we went to this yummy conveyor belt sushi restaurant!

Ellen doesnt care too much for sushi but she even found stuff she liked. I came to the realization that I LOVE yellow tail sashimi (basically a piece of raw fish on a bed of rice) The idea originally HORRIFIED me but Chad taught me to love it!


A week later, Annika and Caren came to visit me in LA. We also went the the Getty but the pictures were tragically deleted! sorry guys! I will post more pics from our adventures in Santa Monica and Disneyland soon.



2 comments:
Em--you're taking me back!!! I miss CA. We went up to the Getty all of the time. We even took Mom and Dad there once, and we dressed up in their artist costumes--with our head poking through---good times. I too LOVE the maze--such fun times. We miss you guys!!
Em!! Yay! It's so great to see pics and a post. The Getty is so fun. I need to get down to visit you. Call me!
Love you!!
Post a Comment