Oct 14, 2008

Cooking in my tiny, tiny, kitchen

This is my tiny, tiny, kitchen! I recently have been baking and getting everything all ready for fall. I wanted to send a thank you to my family for all the recipes they have given me it has been seriously one of the greatest wedding gifts. I also have to thank some other peeps who made this kitchen possible. Thanks to Carie for the bamboo dishtowel and other kitchen stuff. Thanks to Nancy for the WS dishtowels. Thanks to Mikey and Caren who made this rug possible via the ikea gift card. Thanks to the Reinwands for the Knife set.

Thanks to Cheri my sister for the devilish recipe for peanut butter bars. Thanks to Mom for the amazing Bosch Mixer!

3/4 C. Butter
3/4 C. Brown Sugar
3/4 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
3/4 Peanut Butter
1 tsp. Salt
3/4 tsp. Baking soda
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 C. Flour
1 1/2 C. Oatmeal


Cream everything together. Spread evenly in a jelly roll pan. Bake 350 for 15-20 mins. As soon as it comes out sprinkle one bag of semi sweet chocolate chips and let it sit in the open oven for a bit. After the chips are melted spread evenly over the sheet. Let sit (or put in fridge) until the chocolate layer is hard. Make a buttercream frosting and add peanut butter to your liking and spread over the top to finish.

This is my cozy stove and my coke kitchen (yes coke, Thanks Chad!) Thanks to Anita and Andy for the sweet wood block S/P shakers, Thanks to Ty and Kumari for the Oil/Vin set, and thanks to Tamsin and Nick for the radical teapot! I cooked my first hot chocolate of the fall just the other day!

These are some old pictures from Chad's Birthday I cooked him a super rich chocolate cake (thanks for the recipe family). I used the most adorable cake pan that Michael and Brittney gave us for the wedding. They know how much Chad and I love cupcakes so why not a cake pan that looks like a huge cupcake! We love it thanks guys! Also thanks to Paul T. who gave us the beautiful blue dish set, we use it almost everyday! The cake didnt turn out as beautiful as the one on the picture of the cake pan but it tasted wonderful. I think the key is to use a glaze frosting so you dont lose the cupcake shape! Chad was totally surprized and love his HUGE b-day cupcake!

9 comments:

carie said...

you kitchen is cute! Too bad you have to put your table in front of a door. We had to do that in boston.

l i z said...

i love your tiny self in your tiny kitchen! much cuter than any other tiny kitchen i have ever seen.

Leslie said...

Super cute kitchen EM!! We need to come and visit! :)

chad said...

the door just goes to a super small back porch/narrow stairwell so we don't ever really use the it. there's really no other room for the table in there. it's a tiny kitchen, for sure. what you see in the picture is basically it.

emily made the kitchen look super cute and great! the peanut butter bars were definitely devilish and delicious!

The Crane Family said...

Em--I love it--You're kitchen is so stylish--Such cute ideas!!! Happy Birthday Chad--I feel so bad we didn't call--what day is it? Em--I haven't forgotten the pictures--I am so embarrassed I haven't sent them--I have a big note now to do it!!!! Please forgive me!

Lisa/Scott said...

How sweet! Scott and I had a tiny kitchen like that when we first got married. My husband will go nuts for that peanut butter bar recepie. The cake looks fantastic! I love it!

Tamsin said...

Hooray! I'm so glad that we could assist with the making of hot chocolate :)

ohana=)mama said...

your kitchen is super adorable! So what if it's tiny if it looks like that!

ohana=)mama said...

I wish you could comment on your photo blog.