I know you are all are anxiously awaiting pics from the wedding and honeymoon. Well they will just have to wait. This may just be the most important blog entry I will enter all year!!!!! Yes, thats right! It's is a blog about the weird stuff my family stuck into my boxes when I was moving to california! At the end of the post I want to take a vote about the weirdest item!
exhibit A: SPAM
Oddly enough I might end up actually using this one! While working at Rubberball Eddie, Isaac, and Tyler cooked me a pretty darn good spam and egg sandwich and it was surprising that I loved it! so THANKS FOR THE SPAM!
Exhibit B: Questionable Yeast!
Im not exactly sure if it is Supposed to be rock hard but I am a bit worried!
Exhibit C: Fabulous Brass bookends! wow
now I can put books together! FOREVER! Im not exactly sure what or who is on these but man oh man! I will never store books the same.
Exhibit D: Fashionable Lace (conveniently wrapped in a untangle-able ball!)
This lace could have added a little extra pazzazz to anything...If i could ever get it untangled!
Exhibit E: Corn Starch for 1985! Bringing back the 80's YEAH!
I don't know if corn starch expires but finding something almost as old as me was a bit frightening to say the least!
Exhibit F: Groovy Brown SUGA!
I say this is GROOVY brown suga because the packaging suggests it was made in the late seventies or early 80's! groovy man!
Exhibit G: A Hideous Doll! (this really needs no explanation!)
Exhibit H: A braided belt! Bring back the 90's (shudder)
Exhibit I: Valentines of the Cheerleader variety
These are great! I guess I should hold onto them for another 8 months and give them to all the cool kids at school! Maybe they gave these to me to secretly tell me how athletically gifted I am! Maybe I didn't inherit the Gibson klutz gene after all! oh wait... i did.
Exhibit J: Stylish Alphabet Ribbon! In case you forget your ABC's
I'm sure this came from fritzy (gibson/doxey gals I KNOW your remember the place). It appears to also have come from the late 70's early 80's (but not in a good way)!
Exhibit K: A Rock...yep, a ROCK?!
I'm having technical difficulties with some of my pics. But I figured the rock was given to me so I would LITERALLY have a piece of home with me at all times!
Exhibit L: A hip calculator!
Exhibit M: Star's Mix (a legendary mix tape made by me for me!)

9 comments:
Oh!!! I laughed so hard I cried. AGAIN! The doll. It would have to be the doll. But, cornstarch for only 52 cents? That's amazing.
Maybe we should have given you a few VHS tapes....
We LOVE you so much. We just wanted to remind you of home....
Thanks for sharing. We had a lot of fun packing this stuff for you- I swear there was more. And maybe you shouldn't use the spam- the date might be questionable on that as well. I'll take credit for the yeast and brown sugar, those are my favs.
Good times!
hahaha... funny stuff, but i enjoyed your commentary and zings the most. :)
worst item? man.. i dunno.. the doll is pretty horrible, but those expired food products are scary on a whole different level.
oh em, that is sooo funny!! i don't know if i can decide. the old food items are pretty classic but i think my favorite "weird item" are the bookends.....lol....so funny. miss you and i wish i had given you a rock or something to remember us by!!
Emily, I almost WET my pants when we were packing that. It was so fun and so hilarious, glad you could laugh at it and not be annoyed.
WE love you! Thanks for the funny post! :)
Em--
The little help I was packing the boxes was TONS of fun. I'm glad you could laugh too! Can't wait to see you--hopefully soon! Maybe you can come visit in the next few months and see the new babe--I'm having her tomorrow! CRAZY!
Julia
The belt was my favorite because it just confirms the fact that had I met Rich at BYU right after his mission we probably wouldn't have dated...the belt is hideous. The doll is just creepy and the worst part about it is the stuff will never be missed. Had we asked permission to take the stuff or worse yet throw it away we would have gotten an earful!!
Just a little Taste of Home!!!!!! We thought you would miss all that stuff--so we packed it carefully for You!!!! I love your comments--It's too bad we couldn't get that wouldn't handcart in (with the fake flowers flowing out of it!)--we tried hard but it just couldn't squeeze in! Beware--someday you might find it in the back of your trunk ( amongst other fun finds!)
Ok--so it's a WOODEN handcart--not wouldn't--where did that come from? I love all your pix EM--I do have a ton, I will send. We love you guys, and miss you so much!
Post a Comment