Mar 12, 2010

On turning 30... plus updates and such

I know I haven't seriously posted in a while. It is not for lack of motivation or me feeling guilty about my diet or lack there of... (although I have been doing ok. Mainly maintaining my weight not so much losing).

The main reason for my lack of an update is that I am officially back to the grind. Since being married I have been doing a lot of stuff. Working freelance retouching and photography off and on, nanny-ing, and other odds and ends type stuff. However, I have been applying for jobs most of the time I have been working freelance and it has been a discouraging and enlightening journey to say the least. Like most things in my life, I have learned that timing is everything. I worry and worry and my patience is sorely tested but in the end, things happen when they are supposed to happen. I have found that to be the case time and time again with things like school, and with marriage, and with my career.

I am so happy and positive and LOVING life right now! This weekend I turn 30. YEP that is right I am going to be turning the dreaded 3-0. I have had mixed feelings about this. For a while I felt a little bummed out. I generally get bummed around my birthday with missing my family and friends in utah and most of all my Dad. Also, I guess growing up... I thought I would be further along in certain areas of my life by the time I turned 30. I wallowed in these thoughts for a while but then I decided that turning 30 means I have a great decade ahead of me! I loved my 20's but I just have a great feeling that my 30's will be just as good if not totally better. Ive been trying to turn around my thinking... and I am thrilled and excited to be turning 30.

We are heading to San Diego tonight. Chad is taking me to Balboa Park and we are staying in a Hotel in the Gas Lamp District which is an old and swanky area of San Diego. I can't wait! stay tuned for pics!

6 comments:

l i z said...

hooray for your birthday! and yay for having a good attitude in general. you are such a great example to me, Em.

have a killer b-day weekend in San Diego (so jealous)! love ya.

IronLawGirl said...

Oohh how fun!! Happy birthday Emily!!! And at least everyone else is climbing that age ladder right with you right?

Chanel said...

Happy Birthday, tomorrow!! 30 is going to be awesome! :)

Megan said...

Wow congratulations on getting your foot in with a job that could turn into something more permanent! :) That's great news!

And I hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Leslie said...

Congrats on the job EM! That is wonderful! And don't sweat the 3-0!! The 30s were probably my favorite decade so far in my life! LOTS of fun stuff happens in the 30s!! LIVE IT UP!! :) Hope you had a great birthday! Luv ya!

Teresa Gashler said...

Happy 30th! I'm excited to see the amazing things you'll do in your thirties :)